I am the Technology Director at Waynflete School (small, k-12) in Portland, Maine. I’ve been in education for 20 years – first as a classroom teacher and now currently as a technologist. I am co-founder and organizer of Edcamp Maine (March, 2012-2015). Though I am involved in many aspects of technology at the school, I am most interested in how technology is being utilized in the classroom.
In my non-work life, I can be found playing with my two boys, playing ultimate frisbee, or working somewhere outside (until the winter sets in).
2013-14 Finalist for Maine Technology Leader of the Year
Presentations and Workshops
- Genius Hour: Making the Most of One Hour a Day, NAIS Annual Conference, February 27, 2015
- Minecraft: Passing Fad or Solid Learning Platform, NAIS Annual Conference, February 26, 2015
- iPads, iMagination, and 3d Printing, Leveraging Learning Institute (Auburn, ME), November 14, 2014
- ACTEM Unplugged, ACTEM Maine Education Conference 2014, October 9, 2014
- What Can You Possibly Learn From Minecraft?, ACTEM Maine Education Conference 2013, October 11, 2013
- Technology at Waynflete, Grandparents Day, Waynflete School, May 6, 2011
- “Tech Camp”, Waynflete School professional development, June, 2007 to present: 3-day professional development workshop for Waynflete teachers – I organize, teach, and evaluate.
- Google Workshops, Yarmouth Google Transition Day, March, 2011 – Google Forms & Surveys, Google Search Tools
- Moving to Google, ACTEM MaineEd Conference, October, 2010 – Transitioning from Firstclass to Google Apps for Edu
- Using Google Apps, Whipple Hill Users Conference, July, 2009
- Technology & Our Children, Waynflete School, March, 2009